You will not need much hardware or software to connect your agency to FINDERSM. Most agencies can make do with existing resources. You need to have a sufficient server connected to the FDLE network (CJNET). This server needs the Windows operating system and Microsoft SQL server database on it, or access to another Microsoft SQL database on another server. If your agency does not have much data to share, then you could even use the free limited version of Microsoft SQL server as well.
The below is a more technical description of the system requirements.
• Server class computer
• 2 GB RAM or higher
• 30 GB hard disk or higher (100 GB @ 15K RPM for larger agencies, RAID 1 or 5 recommended)
• Network interface (2 interfaces may be needed at smaller locations)
• Microsoft Windows 2003 Standard or higher (Per processor licensing mode)
• Microsoft SQL 2005 Standard or higher (Per processor licensing mode) or the free version
• Microsoft .Net 3.5 or higher (Free download)
• IIS installed and running (Part of Windows server)
• All the latest security patches and server packs installed